January 3, 2012

You're the Link to my Zelda, and the distance is our Ganondorf.

I am so sorry, blog. I apparently don't post during finals, which is okay. I still feel like I've neglected something I should be trying to keep up with.

Finals were alright. I studied my face off, which is never a bad thing. I got the best Christmas present though: my best friend from Burnaby came to Edmonton, and joined with our other best friend, spent her long layover enjoying each other's company. Good friends and food are never a bad combination!

Then in the wee hours of the morning, my boyfriend flew in. I don't think anyone can understand what feelings of joy I had that night. Honestly, when you haven't seen someone that knows you so well, treats you like their best friend, and comes to see you before he sees his own family is... wow.

I finally finished off my finals, admist boyfriend playing video games and cooking my meals (good grief what a sweetheart), and my roommate, boyfriend, and I went back home.

Got to boyfriend's house, had supper, Skyrim'd/Persona 4'd/movie'd, and I ended up going home THE NEXT DAY. Oh, my parents had a gas. Repeat this over and over again until Friday night, where we went and saw a movie then I had to be home before 11 to make trifle. Mmm, trifle.

My Mom has to laugh at me. I go shopping with my boyfriend. We sit in his basement dual screening video games. Funniest of all to her is that I chauffered him all around town. I like that, considering I have a bad habit of dozing off in vehicles if I'm not driving.

Christmas Eve was spent at church. My Mom created a HUGE potluck for 100+ people. We don't really do anything special anymore, so my parents and I sat in the living room and watched me play Skyward Sword.

Christmas was spent at a family friend's (who is basically like a sister to me). It was so peaceful, and hardly stressful.

Boxing Day. Oh Boxing Day. Got up super early to take advantage of some very good deals (black bandage dress and black Kate Middleton-esque trench, YES). Then home, where we prepared a huge meal and had my boyfriend's family, family friend's family, and my family all in our small home. It was AMAZING.

Boyfriend got me ANOTHER gift. Apparently when they get you jewelery, it's srs bsns. I love it regardless; it is a heart earring and necklace set that suits me perfectly. And then on top of that, he says that four letter word every girl hopes to hear. In front of parents.

See, I don't know how to put in words how much I already miss him. My Dad laughed-sighed when he walked out the door and I started crying. He sees it as I'm a princess who wants her knight to come back and whisk her away. I am 100% okay with that analogy.

I know, I'm blabbing, but my heart is heavy and I just want April to come now. It's funny; the next time I will see him is April. His birthday, our one year.

Oh heart, be still.

No comments:

Post a Comment